Southern Company Senior Business Project Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Business Project Analyst
The purpose of this position is to provide lead project support for project scoping, scripting, test execution, data analysis and reporting for large business projects and systems implementation for Customer Operations. The position possesses advanced knowledge of complex business environments with the aim to drive business process improvements and system solutions to ensure the success of Customer Operations. The role will serve as a lead business resource to guide and support other business project analysts and lead cross-functional teams of subject matter experts to focus on end-to-end business process improvements; function technically and analytically; and partner at all levels of the organization to support and implement business aligned solutions and applications. The role will act as a lead business SME on current systems and processes and SME liaison to the business on future state process/systems improvements and technology projects. The incumbent will assist in documenting and provide training as needed to further business initiatives. This role supports Customer Operations in its functions as a service provider for the four utilities across Southern Company Gas plus divestitures and acquisitions. The incumbent is accountable for awareness and compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances; developing functional relationships; and measuring/managing to key performance indicators for service and project deliverables.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES BY COMPETENC Y
• Lead team effort to support system enhancements and new technology solutions projects on behalf of the business.
• Ensure business processes and technology are aligned.
• Identify, reconcile and create reports and analysis for business project activities.
o Dive deeper on reports and processes to identify gaps, broken processes and/or enhancements that can be done to improve the process.
o Communicate with the business on gaps, broken processes or enhancements identified, work together for next steps and provide workarounds if available.
o Write defects as needed to resolve concern.
• Provide advanced analytical and business support for the development of technical solutions, develops analytical models and reporting tools.
• Develop solutions to complex analytical/data-driven problems and effectively document and communicate process improvements as a result of trending the data for projects
o Actively work with the business providing support.
o Provide business/and or training coaching opportunities.
o Work with TSA support on coaching opportunities.
• Serve as the SharePoint Administrator and site developer.
• Develop solutions to complex analytical/data-driven problems and effectively document and communicate process improvements as a result of trending the data for projects.
• Develop and suggest technology improvements for the business unit. Work with the UBS/IT and training departments to ensure development, training and rollout to the business.
• Assist with training documentation and work with the UBS/IT and training departments to ensure development, training and rollout to the business.
• Work with the UBS/IT and training departments to ensure development, training and rollout to the business.
o Meet with UBS/IT and Training on a regular basis to discuss project development and upcoming projects with timelines.
• Provide advanced subject matter expertise and team leadership to interpret requirements and support business process documentations for technology solution projects.
• Provide analytical research and problem-solving to identify problems, issues, errors and determine whether causes are system, procedural or human performance.
o Partner with other functional areas to help provide analytical support and problem-solving efforts to bridge gaps and identify root causes.
• Execute scoping, scripting, testing and reporting on special projects.
• Conduct research and provide analytical support to assess tactical and strategic objectives.
• Work closely with supervisors providing feedback on engagement/results of business testers.
• Establish ongoing communication with departmental leadership to ensure communication of critical to success project developments for appropriate attention and resolution.
• Ensure tasks and deliverables are complete on time as to not impact other teams.
• Partner with project management and business analyst to ensure all project objectives are executed and ensure the achievement of business goals.
• Partner cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization to meet business and project objectives.
o Work closely with the business to discuss progress, impacts and defects.
o Provide insight into concerns and options.
o Discuss any known work-arounds that impact business.
o Communicate with Customer Operations Leadership on issues, gaps and process improvements that impact the business and what steps are being taken to resolve.
• Support training efforts on new technology rollouts through hands on demonstration and coaching.
• Proactively schedule, participate and/or conduct meetings to discuss business influences.
• Act as liaison or business unit contact for corporate projects.
o Approve Test Plans.
o Play an active part in defect management to help push or advocate urgency for business needs.
• Manage peer relationships within the Customer Operations area and outside of the area.
o Provide leadership and guidance to Business Project and Solutions team.
o Work closely with Manager on project updates, concerns and needs.
• Accountable for individual performance objectives.
• Actively supports team to achieve scheduled deliverables.
• Responsible for driving individual results, prioritizing work, evaluating results and taking corrective action as needed.
• Manage multiple/diverse priorities in a deadline driven environment.
• Assist management in obtaining new projects, prioritizing work, distribution of work, leveraging 2 skills, and communication needs.
• Communicate and advocate for resources as needed for special projects.
• Operate as a self-starter, work independently, and proactively seek out innovative approaches.
• Drives discussion on analytical influence and process improvement recommendations.
• BA/BS degree
Related Work Experience:
• 3-5 years operations or systems experience in utility industry.
• 3-5 years experience analyzing data and process improvement.
• 2 years Customer Experience (billing, call center, credit, quality, forecasting, etc).
• Knowledge of business processes and procedures, including exception processing.
• Knowledge of business related systems (i.e. GCMA, CCB, etc.).
• 2-4 years call center or field experience (billing, quality, forecasting, process improvement, etc).
• Advanced knowledge of business processes and procedures, including exception processing.
• Advanced knowledge of business related systems (i.e. GCMA, CCB etc.).
• Equivalent academic education and work experience.
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• Conceptual Analysis
• Business process modeling
• Intermediate proficiency MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic proficiency MS Project Management.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Position is located in an office environment and requires some travel.
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Gas Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Illinois-Metro Chicago-Naperville
Operating Company: Southern Company Gas
Other Locations: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): No
G O Naperville - 1844 W Ferry Rd. (1844NapervilleCODE)
1844 W Ferry Rd.
AGLR Corporate Office - 10 Peachtree Place NE (10AtlantaCODE)
10 Peachtree Place NE
Req ID: GAS2001941