Southern Company Supervisor of Transportation Services in Atlanta, Georgia
Supervisor of Transportation Services
The Supervisor of Transportation Services is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations related to a department serving as liaison between core Gas Operations, shippers, regulatory and other internal/external groups handling various operational functions dealing with the delivery of gas from pipelines to the end-use customers.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES BY COMPETENCY
Functional Expertise: Perform tasks and/or supervise the following activities
• Identifies and resolves scheduled gas volume discrepancies between shippers, pipelines and Company. Finalizes supply and consumption volumes for billing.
• Performs variable and long capacity releases (i.e., contracts for natural gas storage and delivery); posts release offers on electronic bulletin boards, verifies acceptance of capacity release offers; verifies capacity data in Company EBB.
• Researches and compiles data and prepares reports for various internal/external stakeholders.
• Administers Marketer True Up process for the Georgia market.
• Supervises gas confirmation/scheduling functions.
• Gathers Company Use Gas volumes for AGLC facilities and posts them for use in Marketer billing and True Up.
• Calculates various billing determinants from industry publications/pipeline EBBs and posts rates into Interface Calculation Module.
• Manage LDTS service reporting/availability/Open Season.
• Post alerts concerning critical gas operations matters that affect shippers on Southern Company Gas distribution systems.
• Explores avenues to enhance the operations and formulate the tactical direction of the department.
• Analyzes data/trends to problem solve issues.
• Provides comprehensive customer service to shippers for all of the Southern Company Gas utilities providing timely responses to their inquiries.
• Seeks development of employees.
• Sets up and trains new shippers on Southern Company Gas systems.
• Evaluates processes involving interaction between shippers, regulators, and Gas Operations and looks to enhance them.
• Serves as special project team members for upgrades/modifications; analyzes data and develop recommendations for issue solutions and improvements.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• BA/BS degree.
Related Work Experience:
• 5 years of gas supply experience.
• 7 years of gas supply experience.
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• Proficient use of Excel, Access, Word and strong analytical and customer service skills.
• Proficient in use of Adobe and familiarity with pipeline EBBs.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Position is located in an office environment.
• Much time spent working with computer and spreadsheets.
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Gas Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Southern Company Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): No
AGLR Corporate Office - 10 Peachtree Place NE (10AtlantaCODE)
10 Peachtree Place NE
Req ID: GAS2001345