Southern Company Director, Origination in Houston, Texas
About Sequent Energy Management
Sequent Energy Management is part of the wholesale services segment of Southern Company Gas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO). Sequent Energy Management is a Houston-based entity focusing on asset management and optimization, producer services, wholesale marketing and risk management. For more information, visit www.sequentenergy.com at http://www.sequentenergy.com/ .
• Commercial position responsible for originating structured transactions. Maintains solid, productive, relationships with clients and prospects.
• Negotiates structured transactions with LDCs, Municipal Utilities, producers, merchant power companies, municipal/coop power generators, large industrials, retail aggregators and other wholesale customers.
• Originate commercial wholesale transactions within the Eastern United States.
• Engage in commercial offers to wholesale customers for structured transaction types such as commodity sales, complex option-based offerings, asset management transactions, contract purchases and other long term strategic commercial transaction within assigned region, territory or product line.
• Work with other commercial team members (mid-marketing, trading, operation, etc) within assigned region, territory or product line.
• Work with other mid and back office team members (contracts, credit, risk, accounting, etc) to develop and implement gas for wholesale commercial arrangements.
• Communicates effectively with decision makers and Senior Level Executives at client and prospective companies.
• Effective funnel management and prospecting.
• Frequent effective communications with clients and prospects
• Drives for success and closes profitable transactions
• Bachelor’s Degree –OR- equivalent business/industry related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree in related academic disciplines.
Related Work Experience:
• 8 years of experience in natural gas origination.
• 10 years of experience.
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• MS Office suite of products – intermediate proficiency
• Advanced Oral Communication Skills
• Advanced Written Communication Skills
• Knowledge of interstate pipeline grid and storage fields
• Knowledge of wholesale gas market and logistics
• Senior executive level customer contacts within the wholesale market
• Deal evaluation/structuring skills
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Office environment
• Regular Traveler (30-50% travel): The incumbent will be required to travel on a regular basis (8 to 12 days per month). Trips will likely require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
About Southern Company
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com at http://www.southerncompany.com/ .
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Gas Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Texas-Metro Houston-Houston
Operating Company: Sequent Energy Management
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 50 % of the Time
Sequent Energy Mang LP - Texas - 1200 Smith Street (1200HoustonCODE)
1200 Smith Street
Houston , 77002
Req ID: GAS2001148