Southern Company Business Project Analyst in Naperville, Illinois
Business Project Analyst
The purpose of this position is to provide project support in the form of project scoping, scripting, test execution, data analysis and reporting for large business projects and systems implementation for Customer Operations. The position possesses the business knowledge of complex business environments with the aim to drive business process improvements and system solutions to ensure the success of the Customer Experience. This role will focus on end-to-end business process improvements; function technically and analytically; and partner cross functionally and at all levels of the organization to support and implement business aligned solutions and applications. The incumbent will provide training as needed to further business initiatives. This role supports Customer Operations in its functions as a service provider for the four utilities across Southern Company Gas plus divestitures and acquisitions. The incumbent is accountable for awareness and compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances; developing functional relationships; and measuring/managing to key performance indicators for service and project deliverables.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES BY COMPETENCY
• Support system enhancements and new technology solutions projects on behalf of the business.
• Ensure business processes and technology are aligned.
• Identify, reconcile and create reports and analysis for business project activities.
• Provide analytical and business support for the development of technical solutions.
• Serve as the SharePoint Administrator and site developer.
• Develop solutions to complex analytical/data-driven problems and effectively document and communicate process improvements as a result of trending the data for projects.
• Work with the UBS/IT and training departments to ensure development, training and rollout to the business
• Perform as a subject matter expert to interpret requirements and document business processes for technology solution projects.
• Provide analytical research and problem-solving to identify problems, issues, errors and determine whether causes are system, procedural or human performance.
• Execute scoping, scripting, testing and reporting on special projects.
• Ensure tasks and deliverables are complete on time as to not impact other teams.
• Partner with project management and business analyst to ensure all project objectives are executed and ensure the achievement of business goals.
• Supports training efforts on new technology rollouts through hands on demonstration and coaching.
• Partner cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization to meet business and project objectives.
• Act as liaison or business unit contact for corporate projects.
• Manage peer relationships within Customer Operations area and outside of the area.
• Accountable for individual performance objectives.
• Responsible for driving individual results, prioritizing work, evaluating results and taking corrective action as needed.
• Manage multiple/diverse priorities in a deadline driven environment.
• Operate as a self-starter, be able to work independently, and proactively seek innovative approaches.
• High School Diploma or GED
• BA/BS degree (business related)
Related Work Experience :
• 2-4 years operations or systems experience in utility industry
• 2-4 years experience analyzing data and process improvement
• 2 years Customer Experience (billing, call center, credit, quality, forecasting, etc)
• Knowledge of business processes and procedures, including exception processing
• Knowledge of business related systems (i.e. GCMA, CCB, etc.)
• 2 years call center or field experience (billing, quality, forecasting, process improvement, etc)
• Intermediate knowledge of business processes and procedures, including exception processing
• Intermediate knowledge of business related systems (i.e. GCMA, CCB etc.)
• Equivalent academic education and work experience
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• Conceptual Analysis
• Business process modeling
• Basic proficiency MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate proficiency MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Position is located in an office environment and requires some travel.
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Gas Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Southern Company Gas
Other Locations: Illinois-Metro Chicago-Naperville
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): No
AGLR Corporate Office - 10 Peachtree Place NE (10AtlantaCODE)
10 Peachtree Place NE
G O Naperville - 1844 W Ferry Rd. (1844NapervilleCODE)
1844 W Ferry Rd.
Req ID: GAS2001942