Southern Company Contact Center Operations Analyst in Riverdale, Georgia
Contact Center Operations Analyst
The Customer Contact Center Operations Analyst role is responsible for coordinating and implementing application (software) and technology (hardware) strategies across the Southern Company Gas Contact Centers as we continue our evolution to shift to self-serve creating an omni-channel customer experience. This role will have the opportunity to work on our leading-edge digital engagement projects as we enhance the digital communication across the contacts centers and to our customers along with participation in cross-company teams on projects that deliver value.
This position is responsible for implementing, maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting the applications and technology utilized by Southern Company Gas Customer Services personnel. These products include (but are not limited to), Avaya Call Management System, Avaya One – X Agent, Avaya telephone switch/ACD, Avaya Speech/TT enabled VRU, Intranet websites i.e. My Account, Verint quality monitoring software, Verint Workforce Management, Verint Speech Analytics, and various teleworking programs and processes
The Customer Service Analyst is an integral part of the Technology Team. The analyst will help initiate, coordinate, and implement strategies to operate the Customer Care Center along with manage call center IT projects. The position reports to the technology supervisor in call center operations/workforce planning and analytics.
This position will be filled at an Exempt Level 3, 4, or 5 depending upon the background and experience of the successful candidate. This position is located at the Contact Center in Riverdale, GA or Naperville, IL.
This position will be on-call on a rotational basis for 24/7 emergencies and participate in outage and restoration efforts which may require afterhours and weekend support. The ability to lead and support teams in a dynamic high-activity, fast-paced environment is a must. We value our customers and partner with them to deliver solutions that meet their specific energy needs. We focus on and support the implementation of creative solutions for our fastest growing channels while making self-service easy for our customers.
Job Responsibilities Accountabilities by Competency
• Responsible for database administration and first level technical support for Avaya products, Verint applications, and other call center specific tools
• Provide end-user support for teleworking, virtual desktop, and thin client programs
• Make recommendations for additional applications or for enhancements to existing applications based on observation, focus groups, and general knowledge of the business
• Serve as the business unit point of contact for application vendors and internal IT support organizations
• Develop and implement test plans for new and upgraded applications within Customer Services, and successfully roll out to all users
• Administration and coordination of technical support for outage and restoration activities
• Assist in the support, maintenance, and development of internal web sites i.e., SharePoint, CC webpage, including web video content and knowledgebase
• Analyze data to report on trends and communicate insights to leadership
• Maintain monthly agent and supervisor report cards, enhance, and migrate to new systems as needed
• Provide support for departmental reports that track performance for the leadership team
• The Technology Analyst will also provide backup application administrative support duties. These job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
o Administration of call center applications
o Administration and support of CC SharePoint and website
o Application testing of supported applications
• Recognized as a Student of the Business
• Self-directed with strong initiative
• Strong working knowledge of contact center end use products and technologies is a plus
• Creative and innovative mindset, strategic thinker
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understand and able to communicate business drivers and metrics that drive the budget
• Ability to identify opportunities and coordinate effort within Customer Experience to improve technology processes and self-serve options
• Provide collaborative support for industry benchmark strategies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to operate with minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks
• Leads monthly meetings of employee and leadership groups within the contact centers to discuss technology initiatives, efforts and key metrics and measures for success
• Self-motivation, innovation and creativity is a plus; possess a commitment to safety and customer service
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Manage peer relationships across Customer Experience and with outside business units and partners
• Strong decision-making skills, ability to manage in the grey
• Sound project management, strategic thinking, and problem resolution skills
• Lead all technology support, troubleshooting and triage issues within the Contact Centers
• Display a high amount of initiative and strategic thinking to create, implement, and support new ways of doing business and process improvement opportunities
• Demonstrate care and compassion while willing to make necessary decisions to improve performance and behaviors
• BA/BS degree in business, information systems, mathematics, human resources or similar field, or equivalent work experience; statistics or data science related degree is a plus
Related Work Experience:
• Minimum 2 years' customer care, operations, systems and/or technology applications experience with the utilities or similar industry, or combined experience with the utilities or other related experience
• 1-2 years’ experience managing technology projects is a plus
• Experience in programming in XML and web development is a plus
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• Desire and ability for continued career growth
• Demonstrated leadership
• Team player
• Systems knowledge (Avaya/Verint WFM Suite, CIS, industry knowledge of technology applications/solutions, etc.)
• Ability to perform gap analysis
• Presentation skills
• Customer service skills
• Strong Office productivity skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, One Note)
• On call and extended work hours may be required
Applicant may possess a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Some business travel (5 –10% travel): The incumbent will travel to the various company sites and to conferences and meetings. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay from home for one or more nights.
Flexible or remote work location may be considered, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Riverdale
Operating Company: Southern Company Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
South Customer Service Center - 540 Georgia Highway 138 SW (540RiverdaleCODE)
540 Georgia Highway 138 SW
Req ID: GAS2003672